COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When Fovia collects any personal information on our corporate website, we will express our need for the personal data at the point of collection. Some of the reasons why we collect your personal information include:
• Participation in discussion groups
• Collaboration efforts
• Registration for membership programs or newsletter subscriptions
• Provide registered users a more personalized and meaningful experience on the Fovia website.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFROMATION
We will only use your personal information in the way we specified when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way your personal information is used without your consent. Some of the ways we may use your personal information include:
• To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
• To provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with shipping and billing information.
• To provide customer feedback and support.
• To provide marketing or promotional activities on the fovia.com or affiliate websites. Personal information may be collected to administer those programs.
• To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
• To support recruitment enquiries.
• To understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest.
• To allow you to forward information to another individual such as a friend or co-worker. Fovia does not store the personal information of the third-party. We collect the information for the sole purpose of sending a one-time e-mail. If you choose to use our referral service to inform a colleague or friend, we will only ask for a contact name and e-mail address.
• To meet contract obligations.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We need your help in keeping the personal information you have shared with us accurate and up to date. Please notify us of any changes to your personal information.
Each e-mail newsletter or subscription includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that particular mailing. In addition, you can always e-mail your specific request to email@example.com.
NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
In some instances, Fovia may collect non-personal (aggregate or demographic) data through cookies, web logs and web beacons. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of the fovia.com website.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third-parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
We may share your personal information within Fovia or any of our subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage.
We may also share your personal information with authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide a requested service or transaction. For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company. We provide third-party agents with the minimum amount of personal information necessary to complete the requested service or transaction.
We may respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process by disclosing your personal information and other related information, if necessary. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We will ask you for your opt-in consent to share your personal information with a third-party for any other reason.
We may customize websites or newsletters for certain users based on the information they previously provided or that was collected through fovia.com websites in order to enhance the overall web experience.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Fovia is committed to protecting the personal information you share with us. We utilize a combination of security technologies, procedures and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
When we transfer sensitive personal data over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit.
We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your personal information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Fovia websites utilize cookies, although you can still access most of them even if you choose to disable cookies in your browser. Some websites may not allow you to complete certain activities if cookies are disabled.
We also may include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail newsletters in order to count how many newsletters (or particular articles, links, etc.) are being accessed.
Current versions of web browsers offer enhanced user controls regarding the placement and duration of both first and third-party cookies. Search for “cookies” under your web browser’s Help menu for more information on cookie management features available to you.
Fovia will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Our websites may provide links to other third-party websites which are outside of our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites.
Any Fovia newsgroups and forums are public. Please consider this before posting material to them.
Fovia does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. Fovia encourages parents and guardians to go online with their children. Here are a few tips to help make a child’s online experience safer:
• Teach children never to give personal information (such as name, address, phone number, school, etc.) unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult.
• Know the sites your children are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
• Look for website privacy policies. Know how your child’s information is treated.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer your personal information to Fovia, Inc. in the US, to any Fovia subsidiary worldwide or to third-parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS